I lost trust in Symantec (and maybe others) when they didn't flag the
infamous Sony rootkit (on music CDs) as malware. Even the US DHS took
Sony to task for compromising Windows computers with their buggy DRM
software, which, even if it weren't buggy, was an uninvited install.

(Corporate solidarity trumps computer security?)

[...]