This happened to me again on a fresh install on a new 16.04 server, and the
fix, for me was adding directly to clamav-daemon.socket

[Socket]
ListenStream=/run/clamav/clamd.ctl
ListenStream=xx.xx.xx.xx:3310
SocketUser=clamav
SocketGroup=clamav
RemoveOnStop=True

Adding it to extend.conf did not work for me, but when i commted everything
out of extend.conf and reloaded and restarted it listened on both.  I may
play around with different configurations in the future but for now, this
took up too much time.

Seems like its not only me:
http://serverfault.com/questions/798587/debian-8-cant-get-clamav-to-listen-on-tcp-3310?newreg=0a11acb857d341e7b3b4a44aed83553e
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/clamav/+question/357500