On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 06:02 PM, Rudy Stebih wrote:

> Clamwin & ClamAV are exactly the same engine.  The ONLY difference is that
> Clamwin has a pretty windows UI.

Well, obviously the ClamAV engine is used with Clamwin, thought I don't know
what configuration options it employs. I suspect it's not a trivial task for
the average Windows user to upgrade the engine. As a ClamXav user I know it's
not something I would expect even a seasoned user of macOS/OS X to do for
themselves. I've been attempting to help a half dozen legacy OS X Server users
with the provided 0.97.8 engine upgrade and it's been a real struggle for them.
Neither Apple nor CLamAV are willing to assist.

> First of all, I don't get paid to do QC for them.
>
> Second, it clearly states in the 'Mirror' documentation that 'Every mirror
> is continuously monitored to ensure that every ClamAV user gets the latest
> virus database.'
>
> They are not monitoring the mirrors anymore, and as such everyone is
> getting crappy update speeds because half the mirrors are down and they are
> not taking anymore mirrors to replace those down mirrors...

I only brought that up to help you out, so if that's not something you need
then feel free to ignore it. Hardly any of us here get paid for QC, but that
hasn't stopped us in the past. I thought we were a community helping each other
out here, but perhaps that is no longer true. Although I've certainly seen
those same signs, it's been years since I've experienced anything close to what
your are reporting. They keep promising to bring back the ClamAV Mirror Status
page, but no sign of it nor evidence that even they have access to such a
thing.

Where did you hear they were not accepting any more mirrors?

-Al-