Hi all,

I've just submitted a zip file [MD5 ec585bf6626a5a3649726bde4e00a3f7]
containing a number of files which ClamAV incorrectly detects as various
strains of Txt.Malware.Agent

My experience may be slightly skewed, but it seems that the rate of FPs has
increased a lot lately, and they mostly appear to be being caused by hash-based
signatures.  I'm wondering if this is related to Joel's recent admission that
the signature generation process is almost entirely automated now.

Is it possible that someone is targeting ClamAV and reporting known-clean files
as if they were infected?  To what end, I'm not sure, but I can't shake the
feeling that something's not right...

Mark