Hi, all.

I have a question about the error which is caused by the shotage of the size
acquired by mpool_malloc function on clamd version 0.97.8.

the message:
mpool_malloc(): Attempt to allocate 8388608 bytes. Please report to
http://bugs.clamav.net

This error does not exist in version 0.98 and later, but we think that the
problem of endless loop is not fixed even on the latest version.
When the .hdb data of CVD file is read, the number of HASH table is not be
enough, then the cli_htu32_insert function of libclamav/hashdb.c loops and
cannot detect the error, and it leads to endless loop.
We found that the code is not fixed on version 0.99.2.

We think that the following code of cli_htu32_grow function should be negative
value when it returns;

391: if(new_capacity == s->capacity || !htable)
392: return CL_EMEM;

Will this fix be released?
If yes, could you tell us on what version will this fix be released?

T.O