Hi,

Is there any way to force clamscan to treat the file passed as a mail?

Some days ago I stepped into a problem where ClamAV was not detecting a virus
attached in an email.
I narrowed the problem to Clam not detecting the file passed as a mail. I think
this is because mail file has too many headers.

Not detected as mail:
http://pastebin.com/LCipWJaQ
===
LibClamAV debug: No bytecodes loaded, not running builtin test
LibClamAV debug: in cli_magic_scandesc (reclevel: 0/16)
LibClamAV debug: Recognized ASCII text
LibClamAV debug: hashtab: Freeing hashset, elements: 0, capacity: 0
LibClamAV debug: in cli_scanscript()
LibClamAV debug: cli_magic_scandesc: returning 0  at line 2559
test.eml: OK
LibClamAV debug: Cleaning up phishcheck
LibClamAV debug: Freeing phishcheck struct
LibClamAV debug: Phishcheck cleaned up
===

Detected as mail (same mail, just removing "x-microsoft-exchange-diagnostics"
header):
http://pastebin.com/ZvmST7Xh
===
LibClamAV debug: No bytecodes loaded, not running builtin test
LibClamAV debug: in cli_magic_scandesc (reclevel: 0/16)
LibClamAV debug: Recognized ASCII text
LibClamAV debug: Matched signature for file type Mail file
LibClamAV debug: hashtab: Freeing hashset, elements: 0, capacity: 0
LibClamAV debug: Starting cli_scanmail(), recursion = 1
LibClamAV debug: in mbox()
LibClamAV debug: parseEmailFile
===

Regards,