Thanks Steve. Yes, I tried removing them and kill the running clamd process
and start it again but still the clamd status doesn't show anything other
than the error.

# clamd status
ERROR: LOCAL: Socket file /var/run/clamav/clamd.socket is in use by another
process.

----

There is probably another clamd running. If not, try deleting
/var/run/clamav/clamd.socket.

Steve