On Mon May 15 15:06:07 2017 "Eric Tykwinski" <eric-l...@truenet.com> wrote:

> Here's links to sample files, ie use at your own risk:
> https://gist.github.com/rain-1/989428fa5504f378b993ee6efbc0b168
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Eric Tykwinski
> TrueNet, Inc.
> P: 610-429-8300

Well, it does seem to try and use the yara rule. Using one of the samples on the
link you gave me:

$ clamscan
CYBERed01ebfbc9eb5bbea545af4d01bf5f1071661840480439c6e5babe8e080e41aa.EXE
LibClamAV Error: yyerror(): /var/lib/clamav/wannaCry.yar line 3 non-ascii
character
LibClamAV Error: yyerror(): /var/lib/clamav/wannaCry.yar line 3 syntax error,
unexpected $end, expecting _CONDITION_
LibClamAV Error: cli_loadyara: failed to parse rules file
/var/lib/clamav/wannaCry.yar, error count 2

When I fixed the non-ascii character thing I got:

> clamscan
CYBERed01ebfbc9eb5bbea545af4d01bf5f1071661840480439c6e5babe8e080e41aa.EXE

CYBERed01ebfbc9eb5bbea545af4d01bf5f1071661840480439c6e5babe8e080e41aa.EXE:
Win.Trojan.Agent-6312832-0 FOUND