I tried this:
OnAccessMountPath /var
TemporaryDirectory /tmp

The error still persists.

I also tried the following:
OnAccessIncludePath /var
TemporaryDirectory /tmp

But then the protection doesn't work, and I got this in the log:
Jun 15 08:38:10 clamav7 clamd[1136]: ScanOnAccess: Protecting directory
'/var' (and all sub-directories)
Jun 15 08:38:10 clamav7 clamd: ScanOnAccess: Protecting directory '/var'
(and all sub-directories)
Jun 15 08:38:10 clamav7 clamd: ERROR: ScanOnAccess: Could not watch path
'/var', Success
Jun 15 08:38:10 clamav7 clamd[1136]: ScanOnAccess: Could not watch path
'/var', Success