Hi there,

On Sun, 2 Jul 2017, David Stocks wrote:

Re: clamav-0.99.2 Installation

I recently installed ClamWin (ver 0.99.1) from SourceForge ...

This is the mailing list for ClamAV.  ClamWin is a separate project
using much of the original ClamAV code, but for Windows operating
systems instead of Linux/Unix/whatever.

I see that there is a newer version but I do not know enough about
the process of creating my own installation to do this with any
confidence. E,g. I don't know what the term "wget" means, nor what
you mean by "ensure you have a user clamav and group clamav", "run
make", etc.

Those terms more or less assume Linux, and aren't especially relevant
to Windows users.  You can do things to permit Unix-style builds on
Windows, but that's *another* separate project, and not one I'd think
you'd want to get involved in.

I need to know if there are any plans to update the package on
Sourceforge, or indeed to post one anywhere else.

I've no idea.  Search for ClamWin.  Ask there. :)

--

73,
Ged.