> ERROR: Can't open /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log in append mode (check
> permissions!).
> ERROR: Problem with internal logger (UpdateLogFile =
> /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log).

I expect you solved this already?

> WARNING: getpatch: Can't download daily-24011.cdiff from db.local.clamav.net

Whenever I see this and freshclam cannot resolve it by itself, what I usually
do is just remove all signature files (or move them elsewhere) and re-run
freshclam. Then it will download all signature files again and be fully
updated. I don't know if there's another/better solution; it just works for me.

--
Rob