Am 03.02.2018 um 05:29 schrieb Paul B.:
(Sorry to keep breaking threading. I'm on digest here, and I know of
no way to Reply directly to a post.)

Keep in mind that Debian itself cherry-picked the relevant fixes
into a patch update to 0.99.2.  If you are on Debian stable or a
direct derivative of stable, and have at least 0.99.2+dfsg-6+deb9u1,
then you have all the security fixes included in 0.99.3.

Scott K

Ok, cool. In any case, no version was going to install on the old OS.
I'm now up in the new install, and one of the first things I did was
install Clam, and it was successful

your decision but i would have asked on a distribution forum to get the root cause fixed

after 15 years Fedora everywhere with more than 600 dist-upgrades you can imagine the row number of dependecy problems but to re-install a system? never ever and when .deb can get a state where you need this because fix some isue with the package database takes more than 5 minutes switch to something serious - but i doubt that is the case

on rpm systems:
rpm -qa | grep clamav
rpm -e --nodpes clampackage1 clampackage2....
dnf install clam.....