Hi there,

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018, Orion Poplawski wrote:
On 04/20/2018 08:48 AM, Robert Huth wrote:

> 1. I am not able to install ClamAV ...
> > 2. The laptop will also not be allow to connected to other networks or the
> internet ...
> System Configuration
> One standalone laptop
> Running Windows 10 (Host OS)
> VMWare Pro 14 with RHEL 6.9 install as the guest

There are many things that don't make sense here. ...

Indeed.  This sounds like creating a lot of headaches for no reason.

My main questions are:

(1) Why run RHEL under VMWare on a Windows 10 host in the first place?

(2) Why install ClamAV on a Linux host (VM or otherwise) which is not
to be allowed network access?

My approach would be to junk Windows and VMWare, put Linux on the bare
metal, and forget about ClamAV altogether.

Of course there will be things we haven't been told.  If what we've been
told so far is accurate, and there isn't some glaring omission which will
change everything, then like Mr. Poplawski I have difficulty making sense
of what the OP is doing.

--

73,
Ged.