On 04.07.2018 15:00, Matt Vander Werf wrote:
This has been mentioned at various points in several threads over the past week or two (sometimes off-hand), but just wanted to somewhat consolidate them here and also add my +1 to getting this bug addressed in ClamAV soon!

Per [1]:

> This is a ipv4 site, and I occasionally get ipv6 error messages --
> maybe 4 a week. They don't seem to cause any particular problem. A
> freshclam.config option to disable ipv6 would fix that. Or maybe a
> "protocol {ipv4|ipv6|any}" option.
just a hint
even if your host is IPv4 only, is IPv6 enabled and do you have a fe80::xxx address?
just try to really disable IPv6 at host/kernel layer
e.g.

this entry in /etc/sysctl.conf
net.ipv6.conf.eth1.disable_ipv6 = 1

disables IPv6 at port eth1 at all, there is no fe80:xxx address at this port ...

Walter