It would be a mistake to think everyone is using freshclam to dl signatures. The system needs to accommodate that.

dp

On 7/4/18 10:08 AM, G.W. Haywood wrote:
Hi Joel,

FWIW I believe we've had no problems at all with mirrors since March
2018, when I responded to a post on 23rd March by Orion Poplawski, who
saw a few timeouts.  We also saw a very few timeouts in mid-late March.