On 12/20/18 10:56 AM, Dennis Peterson wrote:
This can be calculated by counting the number of ClamAV hits in the clamd log using ClamAV signatures and the time period between the first and last hits. In my case I have clamd logs back to April (252 days) and 58 hits on ClamAV signatures or about 4 per day. Total hits from all signature vendors over the same period is 5921 or roughly 100/day.

I'm in not much of a hurry to get the next daily update file within seconds of it becoming available. That was not the case most recently when I was responsible for production email systems with message rates in excess of 1M/day. And compared to some I've run over the years that is not a lot.

dp

By way of comparison, since early November I've rejected 1300 messages using only tcpwrappers from a total of 4958 rejections from all MTA options employed. No way to know how effective firewall blocks are but there are whole regions in the world I never hear from directly. Proxy providers complicate that.

dp