I am getting confused when building v101.1
Running configure it looks OK until.....

checking check.h usability... no
checking check.h presence... no
checking for check.h... no
configure: unable to compile/link with check
checking for libxml2 installation... /usr
checking xml2-config version... 2.9.4
-I/usr/include/libxml2
-lxml2
checking for xmlreader.h in /usr... found
CPPFLAGS:  -I/usr/include/libxml2
LD_FLAGS:  -lxml2
checking for xmlTextReaderRead in -lxml2... yes
configure: Compiling and linking with libxml2 from /usr
checking for OpenSSL installation... /usr
configure: error: OpenSSL not found.

As far as I can tell I have an openssl package installed, and I have built on earlier Debian systems. Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

==John ff