Adam Waller skrev den 2019-01-18 17:32:

We have clamav installed on all our VMs however ever since doing so
we've noticed that clamd is consistently using up to 100% of a CPU
core.

upgrade cpu :-)

Just wondering if anyone can offer any advice on how to improve this.

it could be solved if clamav can save main.cvd into main.cld (uncompressed signed database) this will save or reduce cpu load on reload sigs, to make things worse clamav keeps old database loaded while reloading new databases, if all databases is compressed it takes more cpu time, its btw not a bug

i kindly ask developers to make sigtool save uncompressed data files, to help reduce cpu time on reloads