Hello Sean,

Le 14/03/2019 à 13:53, Sean Clark via clamav-users a écrit :

Hello,

I have read through the archives and could not find a solution. Also I apologize in advance as this might be dumb question.  We have our monitoring setup to check the update status from the output of `freshclam -V`. We are using clamav on Ubuntu and CentOS. We cannot figure out what controls the output behavior described below.

*This is what we have always seen:*

(CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core))

$ freshclam -V

ClamAV 0.98.7/25387/Wed Mar 13 11:24:46 2019

*This is the problem we are facing when porting over to Ubuntu*

(Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS)

$ freshclam -V

ClamAV 0.99.4

OR

$ freshclam -V

ClamAV 0.100.2

As you can see its lacking what we believe is the ‘latest definitions update time’. I see the man page says `-V` should just be version so I am not sure how we are getting that time stamp. Any thoughts on this?

It happens when the virus database is not (already) loaded in memory and/or when clamdscan client cannot connect to clamd daemon (tcp or socket problem).

--
Cordialement / Best regards,

Arnaud Jacques
Gérant de SecuriteInfo.com

Téléphone : +33-(0)3.44.39.76.46
E-mail : a...@securiteinfo.com
Site web : https://www.securiteinfo.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/SecuriteInfocom/132872523492286
Twitter : @SecuriteInfoCom

Securiteinfo.com
La Sécurité Informatique - La Sécurité des Informations.
266, rue de Villers
60123 Bonneuil en Valois