From: clamav-users <clamav-users-boun...@lists.clamav.net> on behalf of Maarten
Broekman via clamav-users <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>
Date: Monday, March 18, 2019 at 10:37 AM
To: ClamAV users ML <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>
Cc: Maarten Broekman <maarten.broek...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [clamav-users] Scan very slow

We've noticed a marked increase in scan times over the last couple of weeks as
well. From the look of it, there's something in the daily file that's causing
it. Whether this is similar to the safebrowsing issue (where the ordering of
entries in the file caused a 3000% increase in time) is unclear.

--Maarten Broekman

Full scans without the daily cvd/cld: Scan time ~60seconds
Full scans with the daily from March 11th: Scan time: 84seconds
Full scans with the daily from March 17th: Scan time: 109seconds

~/clamav# ls -larth  /tmp/clamdtest*/daily.cld
-rw-r--r-- 1 clamav clamav 110M Mar 11 04:15 /tmp/clamdtest2/daily.cld
-rw-r--r-- 1 clamav clamav 113M Mar 17 04:15 /tmp/clamdtest/daily.cld

~/clamav# wc /tmp/clamdtest*/daily.cld
  1514589   1517471 115031552 /tmp/clamdtest2/daily.cld
  1524782   1527664 118202368 /tmp/clamdtest/daily.cld

Single file scans with JUST the daily.cld:
~/clamav# time /opt/clamav/clamav/bin/clamscan -d /tmp/clamdtest2/daily.cld
test42.js
test42.js: OK