Hi there,

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019, Annette (impersonating Tom Brady) wrote:

I have tried using the tcpsocket parameter on the clamd.conf.  I
have [two] different clamd instances running on different servers.
While I can get the clamdscan to talk to the local (on the same
server) clamd instance, I cannot get clamdscan to talk to an remote
instance of clamd running on a different server and different port.

You may need to change the 'TCPAddr' directive in clamd.conf so that
the daemon binds to an address which will accept remote connections.

As others have warned, the socket should be protected from potential
sources of mischief.  That means, basically, the entire Internet.

--

73,
Ged.