Hi there,

On Sat, 24 Aug 2019, azu...@pobox.sk wrote:

is it possible to disable official virus database? I would like to use only custom database. Thanks for info.

A quick look at the code in libclamav/readdb.c suggests to me that
this won't be very straightforward.  The name of the 'daily' database
is hard-coded into the source.  Database files are digitally signed,
so in theory you can't easily create an empty one and expect it to
load correctly.  Perhaps the easiest approach would be to disable the
signature checks.  Maybe you could patch the code so that it doesn't
read the databases which you don't need, and I'd guess that would be
useful to others too; it's been mentioned on this list recently, see
for example

https://lists.clamav.net/pipermail/clamav-users/2019-April/007901.html

I'm sure Micah would welcome well thought-out patches.

--

73,
Ged.