Hi Joel,

On Wed, 4 Sep 2019, G.W. Haywood wrote:

... some junk mails aren't being detected by clamd, even though
there are valid signatures in the database that are supposed to
match them.

I guess you have the two files which I attached.  You can see below
what happens when I scan them using clamdscan.  The one which is not
detected is as it came in on the wire today, and, when my milter sent
it to clamd as it arrived, it wasn't detected then either.  The other
file is the same thing, but edited by me.  You can see what's in them,
and if you compare them you will see the one change which I made which
allows the detection to succeed.  Without knowing more I don't want to
say it's a fault in the scanner, but this looks strange to me.

mail6:~$ >>> clamdscan /tmp/t16289.*
/tmp/t16289.found_1: Sanesecurity.Phishing.Fake.26520.UNOFFICIAL FOUND
/tmp/t16289.not_found_1: OK