On 02/12/2019 16:30, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:
On 2019-12-02 15:24, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:

"wget https://database.clamav.net/daily.cvd"; works, dammit!

I am an idiot:
$ curl https://database.clamav.net/daily.cvd
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
More details here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl failed to verify the legitimacy of the server and therefore could not
establish a secure connection to it. To learn more about this situation and
how to fix it, please visit the web page mentioned above.

Okay, I'll go fix it...

I'm now sure this is a curl/openssl problem, nothing to do with clamav.

Sorry for the noise on the channel (but if someone can tell me how to make openssl 1.1.1 pick up the root certificates... :-) ).

        Cheers,
                Gary    B-)