Micah,

Yeah, now that you mention it, I remember having read somewhere about
".ja" files as being not quite zip format. On Linux, the (latest)
"file" command identifies ".ja" as "Mozilla archive" format. But
(recent) unzip commands don't seem to have any trouble (unlike ARK,
which can't find a suitable plugin).

But my favorite file manager -- emacs (!) -- expands them nicely into a
virtual file list so you can look inside the individual files.

P.S. Speaking of ISO and GPT formats, proper handling of them will need
going to 64-bit file sizes and offsets.