Thanks Pablo,

Just took a look - it seems that image001.gif is missing the final byte, a
value "0x3B" should be at the end of every GIF file. Interestingly firefox
rendered it, though clam didn't like it and 010editor's GIF template also
couldn't handle it. Perhaps this is the sort of issue that should be overlooked
when validating the format?

I wonder if this is a common occurrence.  I haven't seen it in my test set yet,
but I'm still collecting more files to test with.

-Micah

On 11/2/20, 5:58 PM, "clamav-users on behalf of Pablo Murillo"
<clamav-users-boun...@lists.clamav.net on behalf of i...@pablomurillo.com.ar>
wrote:

    I try so send several mails to the list with gifs attached, but none
    arrived to the list

    I'm sending a link to one gif that everyday is rejected by ClamAV
    Link to gif file: http://pablomurillo.com.ar/image001.gif

    On 11/2/2020 9:02 PM, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) via clamav-users wrote:
    > We disabled the PNG parser because of bugs in the code that need to be
fixed.  I'm actively working on the PNG and GIF parsers, and have started
testing with larger sample sets to try to make sure they're more robust. T

    > he GIF parser seems fairly stable though I'm putting a lot of effort into
making the code readable and adding debug output.  If you have GIF samples that
are incorrectly throwing parse errors, can you share them with me?  It would be
very helpful.

wrote:

    >      Hi
    >
    >      What happened with this ?
    >      Now I'm seeing some errors in GIF files too
    >
    >      On 10/21/2020 2:04 PM, Pablo Murillo wrote:
    >      > Ajajaja
    >      > I feel better !
    >      > ajajaja
    >      >
    >      > Check the mail I sent few minutes ago with more info and more files
    >      > (defug, config, the rights pngs, and the real error)
    >      >
    >      > Sorry my english !
    >      >
    >      >
    >      > On 10/21/2020 1:48 PM, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) via clamav-users
wrote:
    >      >> Thanks Pablo I'll check it out right away!  I hope you're feeling
    >      >> better now :D
    >      >>
    >      >> Best,
    >      >> Micah
    >      >>
    >      >> On 10/20/20, 1:10 PM, "clamav-users on behalf of Pablo Murillo"
    >      >> <clamav-users-boun...@lists.clamav.net on behalf of
    >      >> i...@pablomurillo.com.ar> wrote:
    >      >>
    >      >>      Hi Micah
    >      >>
    >      >>      I was ready to send a new mail when yours arrived
    >      >>      I made a lot of test and when I activated the option
LogClean to