I'm really happy to hear you're using Mussels, sad to hear it was frustrating
at first.  Please feel free to document any sharp edges in the github repo so
we can try to make it a better experience.
Some good news:  we just merged a major update to the clamav cmake build system
along with a lot more instructions on how to build & test on Windows.
Please check it out
https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-devel/blob/dev/0.104/INSTALL.cmake.md#windows-builds

Best,
Micah