On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 5:28 PM Gary R. Schmidt <grschm...@acm.org> wrote:

> On 13/04/2021 01:22, Sorin Petrut Niculae via clamav-users wrote:
> newer version of zlib for this version of RHEL 6.7 x32. Newer than the
> > one for the RHEL repositories.
> >

> > Any advice?
> >
> Build it from source.
>
> As I have said before, it is trivially easy to solve these problems.
>
>         Cheers,
>                 Gary    B-)

... just be mindful of of the possibility of "dependency hell".  I.e., you
may need to install more recent dependencies for clamav than what already
exist, and still need to be present, for your other distro apps, etc.  If
clamav is/will be the only external app needing recent dependencies,
putting everything under /usr/local may be sufficient.  If you have other
external apps that have overlapping dependencies, you may need to
compartmentalize/isolate the dependencies more.

Make sure to build/install in such a way that it's easy to return your
system to its starting state (backups, isolation, etc.).  If you clobber
any current dependencies, returning your system to a working state may be
difficult.

Good luck!