On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 11:55:06PM +0000, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) via
clamav-users wrote:

>  But it seems 0.103 has a second bug where it will patiently wait until
>  it's at least 2 versions behind before it downloads the whole CVD
>  database. This behavior is supposed to happen when a private mirror
>  doesn't have the latest patch file yet, but wasn't supposed to happen
>  for a zero-byte patch file. So we clearly have 2 bugs to fix ASAP.

FWIW: 0.103.0 here; freshclam does say we're 1 diff behind. It fails
to apply the diff with the seek error mentioned:

    ERROR: cdiff_apply: lseek(desc, -350, SEEK_END) failed
    ERROR: downloadPatch: Can't apply patch

But then it *does* download the two new .cvd files. Or at least two
new .cvd files, I can't tell if they are the latest but I assume so.
Next time around, the process repeats and we do the big downloads again.

This may be what you meant but it doesn't sound like it. Just thought
I'd pipe up.

-mm-

PS when I first saw the daemon reports I tried clearing the data and
running freshclam by hand. Since it downloaded the two new .cvd files
I assumed it had self-corrected, so I did the same on all servers.
I was surprised on next daemon run to see the errors again, and tried
a manual run again and got the same errors.

I figured the problem was related to the new thing today; I was going
to stop all freshclams until I looked deeper or heard more. But it
sounds like wait-and-see for now.