Hello again,

On Tue, 24 Aug 2021, Amey Lele via clamav-users wrote:

Please check the attached screenshots for more details. On the ClamAV
web console it is showing a message as "An update is available", however in
logs it is showing the signature updated on 23rd Aug.(OS is Ubuntu 18.04).
Please confirm that the signature is properly updated, we just need
confirmation as we are not sure about signature update.

There's slightly more to it than this but I confirm that the 'daily'
part [*] of the signature database serial number 26272 was up to date
on Aug 23 2021.  Here is our system this morning:

$ freshclam --version
ClamAV 0.103.3/26272/Mon Aug 23 09:21:13 2021
$

It probably won't be long before another update.

[*] There are other parts to the 'official' signature database, and
there are 'unofficial' signature databases which you might want to
look at.  Check the mailing list archives for more information.

The signatures are updated frequently (at least daily).  ClamAV itself
is updated much less frequently (every few months).  Mr. Uhlar implies
that the warning message which you have posted refers to the fact that
there is an update available for the ClamAV software itself - not for
the signature database.  The ClamAV version which you are using is the
one currently supplied by the Ubuntu package manager.  You can if you
wish install the latest version of 0.103 (0.103.3)

https://blog.clamav.net/2021/06/clamav-01033-patch-release.html

but I recommend that you do not just yet attempt to install a release
candidate (0.104.x) because it still needs work.

Your freshclam configuration file should be modified to remove the use
of the 'SafeBrowsing' option, which was deprecated in April 2021:

https://blog.clamav.net/2021/04/clamav-01032-security-patch-release.html

Again, as M. Uhlar points out, it is better not to send screenshots to
a mailing list when you can send a few characters using cut-and-paste
(as I have above for the freshclam --version command).  Mailing lists
also generally prefer a concise format such as I have used here, with
only the necessary parts of messages being quoted.  Use your favourite
search engine to read about "mailing list etiquette".

What do you want ClamAV to do for you?

--

73,
Ged.