Hi there,

On Sun, 3 Oct 2021, Adam Baliko via clamav-users wrote:

I use Clamav on my private NAS, and since the 20th of August I cannot
make any updates.

You have been veru patient to wait for so long before mentioning it. :)

After the automated updates failed, I tried manually ...

I have the feeling that manual updates aren't a good idea now.

1. Was one update per day too much?

No.

2. If not, then why is my IP banned?

What is your IP?
Perhaps you are sharing your IP with other users?
Perhaps you are using an out-of-date version of ClamAV?

3. How can this ban be lifted?

You're doing it right by contacting this list.  The people who need to
know read it.  But they need to know the IP address(es) you're using.

4. What would be an optimal update period to avoid such bans in the future?

It doesn't seem to me that the very modest frequency of updates which
you're using will be the issue.  We update twice per day and have done
for many years, with no problems.

--

73,
Ged.