On 03/11/2021 22:59, G.W. Haywood via clamav-users wrote:
Hi there,

On Wed, 3 Nov 2021, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:

... doesn't answer the question of how to build on Solaris.

True enough.  Perhaps I should have made it more clear that I was
suggesting that there may be alternatives to banging heads on walls.

Not doing it being one of them - and what I'll do now.

The OP (and I (and other Solaris/HP-UX/AIX/non-BSD-UNIX users)) have a problem anyway, with ClamAV becoming non-portable in the future, what will we do about scanning email?

It seems obvious that we should just bung a supported VM of some recent vintage somewhere, or sneak a Pi into a rack, and then do it remotely, are there simple recipes out there for how to do it?

I know I could JFGI but a pointer to an accurate one always helps.  :-)

        Cheers,
                Gary    B-)