As Ged pointed out, the fact that /home is mounted as a separate
mount-point (even though it's the same device), leads the system to see
them as different filesystems (you can umount /home without umount'ing /)

As a result, your use of cross-fs=no tells clamscan to not cross filesystem
boundaries and, in this case, it skips /home. If /home was NOT its own
mount, running clamscan on / would result in home being scanned.
Alternately, running clamscan against /home (and using the same
command-line arguments) would result in /home getting scanned, but
everything else getting excluded.

--Maarten