On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 17:38:20 -0400
Joel Esler <joel.es...@me.com> wrote:

> ClamAV is a Cisco project.  There’s no arguing that.
>
> All of the original team are observed here: https://www.clamav.net/about
>
> So, not sure what you’re getting at.

The phrase "*the* authors of the software" rather implies that Cisco's Talos
are the only authors of the software. And G.W. Haywood seems to have agreed
with me on this that the phrasing could be misinterpreted.

Cisco's Talos has indeed made ClamAV a lot better than it was years ago, but
they have kept much of the basic structure and, I would guess, some of the
original code.

I have attached a file list of the contents of the source code that comprised
clamav-0.88.4 (from the tar of August 2006) and it indicates that the current
structure is quite similar to the original.

P.S. The reason I have 0.88.4 is that whenever I download a new ClamAV, I keep
the old one just in case I need to revert (it is security software, after all).
I don't think I ever have, but disk storage has gotten so cheap that I haven't
bothered to cull what are, by modern standards, fairly small files.