On 8/11/2022 2:02 PM, joe a wrote:
On 8/11/2022 1:17 PM, G.W. Haywood via clamav-users wrote:
Hi there,

On Thu, 11 Aug 2022, joe a wrote:

A while back discussed excluding some URL's from triggering the heueristics scan.   Seemed to work.  Postfix, spamassassin, clamav in use.

Now seems some addtional URL's are involved. Perhaps I am doing something wrong here.

Been determining (?) the offending URL's by examining the entire email using:

clamscan --debug --file-list=SFILE --log=RESULT.txt 2> result.txt

then looking for offenders using:

grep -iB4 "Phishing scan result: URLs are way too different" myfile.txt

entering the URL seen in "Real URL:  http://some.url"; into "/var/lib/clamav/somefile.wdb" and restarting clamd (systemctl restart clamd.service)

I would presume re-scanning as above should no longer flag the offending URL(s)?

You presume a lot.  The documentation seems to say otherwise:

https://docs.clamav.net/manual/Signatures/PhishSigs.html#wdb-format

Well!.

Thanks for the direct links.   The content appears a bit different than I recall, when attempting to decipher it some months back.

Might even prove enjoyable wading through it, were I an S&M enthusiast.

I do not understand why, when entering more than one URL, the first line in my "exclude" file: "/var/lib/clamav/ImaOK2day.wdb" seems to be able to match when entered "in plain text", while subsequent lines seem to want actual "regex" notation (escaped "."), with only the domains entered.

At least that is what it seems takes to "run clean" when re-scanned in debug mode.

To add do the above, I found a few recent emails containing the URLs in the first entry, mentioned above, that were flagged. Those emails passed without notice when scanned as above. I removed that first entry, scanned again and the email were flagged. I then entered those URL's again, as the first line, this time in regex notation ("." escaped, no "http or https"), scanned again, and it was not flagged.