From: clamav-users <clamav-users-boun...@lists.clamav.net> on behalf of Matus
UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2022 7:09 AM
To: clamav-users@lists.clamav.net <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>
Subject: Re: [clamav-users] remove me

On 12.09.22 09:41, Joel Esler via clamav-users wrote:
>Subscribing and unsubscribing is the same amount of steps, from the same
> webpage.  I don’t understand why people are able to join a technical
> command line driven antivirus client email list, but can’t remove
> themselves.

neither do I - I can only guess
- they forgot they subscribed once their problem was solved
- they inherited someone other's e-mail address
- their spam filter blocked unsubscribe confirmation request

however:

when I followed the bottom-most message, I've had to click two times, enter
my e-mail and click "unsubscribe" again. That's too much expecially for 2nd
case

- putting information about "unsubscribe" in addition to "subscribe" to
and
https://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml

- pointing to the latter link from e-mail

- highlighting the info that unsubscription must be explicitly confirmed and
that spam folder should be checked for confirmation e-mail if it doesn't
arrive

they could make it easier to unsubscribe.

Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity...