Hi there,

On Thu, 20 Oct 2022, Dorian ROSSE via clamav-users wrote:

i am not a killer psycho but unfornately do you thing some hackers
edit both clamd.conf.exemple and freshclam.conf.exemple finally for
keep their threat without problems ?

I think that is most unlikely.  It would expect it to be ineffective
because it would be so easy to find the changes.

so if I have the thrue awareness where can I find both files without bad typed ?

In the official distributions:

https://www.clamav.net/downloads

You will see that you need to edit both files to remove (or alternatively
to comment out) a single line in each file.  The line to remove contains
the single word

Example

and you can either delete it entirely, or alternatively add a single
# character at the beginning of the line to comment it out, like this:

#Example

The files themselves probably[*] need to be named

clamd.conf

and

freshclam.conf

not

clamd.conf.example

and

freshclam.conf.example

You only need clamd.conf if you are using clamd of course.  The
command 'clamscan' does not use the settings in clamd.conf but the
command 'clamdscan' does use them, indirectly, because it uses clamd.

[*] Some distributions change the names of the configuration files, I
hope we don't need to worry about that here.

--

73,
Ged.