From: Andrew C Aitchison <and...@aitchison.me.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, November 2, 2022 8:40 AM
To: Micah Snyder (micasnyd) <micas...@cisco.com>
Cc: ClamAV users ML <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>; Andrew C Aitchison
<cla...@aitchison.me.uk>
Subject: Re: [clamav-users] [ext] ClamAV 1.0.0 release candidate now available

On Tue, 1 Nov 2022, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) wrote:

Oh I see! It is on the second incremental update that the failure occurs --
when the CLD is unpacked to be updated. That should be a very easy fix.

If you can help test it, I will share something as soon as it is ready.

I think I have found the problem.

These .cld files have headers like

ClamAV-VDB:01 Nov 2022 03-52 -0400:26706:2009713:90:X:X:raynman:1667289154

with X in place of both the MD5 and the Digital signature
so cli_cvdverify() has nothing to match and thus fails.

Do *downloaded* .cld files (as opposed to updated and repacked files)
have MD5 and the Digital signature ?

Should cli_cvdverify() even be used to verify .cld files ?

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                      Kendal, UK
                   and...@aitchison.me.uk