On 04.04.23 15:41, Brent Clark via clamav-users wrote:
Is it possible to get Freshclam to not write to syslog (want all logging to /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log )?

Currently I have the following in my freshclam conf file.

UpdateLogFile /var/log/clamav/freshclam.log
LogVerbose no (also tried false)
LogSyslog no (also tried false)
LogFacility LOG_MAIL
Debug false

Did you restart freshclam after you configured this?
Are you sure freshclam uses this config file?

Is my understand correct that it is not possible to not write to syslog?

no.

Boost your system's speed by 500% - DEL C:\WINDOWS$\*.*