Hi Steve

I am sure I can get to the bottom of how/what db was malformed.

I am more concerned on how clamd behaves when reloading db's hits an issue and there is no previous  DB instance  available.

I am 99% sure clamd simply terminated prior to multi instance DB images being introduced . Now it runs amok in my opinion certainly 3G of errors in logs within an hour is not good

Thanks for the links I will check if the current scripts used for unofficial db's can be improved.

Regards Paul