From: clamav-users <clamav-users-boun...@lists.clamav.net> on behalf of Michał
Smyczyński via clamav-users <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2023 8:04 AM
To: ClamAV users ML <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>
Cc: Michał Smyczyński <d...@poczta.onet.pl>
Subject: Re: [clamav-users] Scanning blocked during database reload

Hi Matus, thank you for your prompt reply.

I did not disable ConcurrentDatabaseReload and moreover ,as indicated, in
addition I set it to explicitely to yes. My server has 6 gig of memory, with
around 2gig of normal utilization so that should not be a problem. I started to
observe this issue from Clamav 0.105 and 1.0. In 0.103. and 0.104  - problem
did not occur.

Regards
W dniu 2023-07-13 16:22:36 użytkownik Matus UHLAR - fantomas
<uh...@fantomas.sk> napisał:

On 13.07.23 15:53, Michał Smyczyński via clamav-users wrote:
> I have noticed the blocking of clamd scanning during database reload in
> clamav 1.1.0 and 0.105.2, exactly as it  had happened in the earlier
> versions, prior to 0.103 as if the concurrent database reload feature did
> not properly work.  I have also explicitely added ConcurrentDatabaseReload
> yes directive in clamd.conf but with no luck.

>Thu Jul 13 15:19:30 2023 -> Reading databases from /var/lib/clamav
>Thu Jul 13 15:20:24 2023 -> Database correctly reloaded (9536284 signatures)
>Thu Jul 13 15:20:24 2023 -> Activating the newly loaded database...
>Thu Jul 13 15:25:36 2023 -> Client disconnected (FD 10)
>Thu Jul 13 15:25:36 2023 -> Client disconnected (FD 11)
>Thu Jul 13 15:25:36 2023 -> Client disconnected (FD 12)

>And the scanning is blocked for 5 minutes after the database is activated.
>I kindly appreciate the possibility of further investigation/diagnostics.

check if you didn't disable ConcurrentDatabaseReload in clamd.conf

if it's enabled (by default), it allows scanning  during database reload,
but clamd uses twice as much RAM (can exceed 3G) during that time.