On Fri, 2023-08-04 at 18:38 +0000, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) via clamav-
users wrote:

>   *   The suggested path for the clamd.pid and clamd.sock file in the sample
> configs have been updated to reflect the recommended locations for these
> files in the Docker images. These are:
>
>      *   /run/clamav/clamd.pid
>      *   /run/clamav/clamd.sock

The PID file can't live in a directory that's writable by a non-root
user; otherwise that user can trick "service stop" into killing
arbitrary processes. I think you already fixed this once :)

I know it's just a comment, but it would be better to suggest
/run/clamd.pid.