On 30 April 2024 10:42:39 Nathan Millard via clamav-users <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net> wrote:
Hi, when I am scanning using clamav on windows I am getting lots of errors staying “Failed to open file. ERROR”

Does anyone know how to solve this? Seems like it would be a permissions problem?

Hi.

While there is a windows remove unc bug..

https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav/issues/839#issuecomment-1982145731

Yous is probably due to locked files (in use) on the windows system you are scanning.

Maybe use excludes... eg for pagefile.sys etc

--exclude= --exclude=

Kind regards,

Nathan

Cheers,