Dear clapf-users,

you had a week (and a few more days) to comment on the ldap changes
I proposed.

The verdict is to drop ldap from the clapf daemon (and spamdrop),
and let clapf have sql support only. This would result in a smaller
code base which is easier to maintain, keep tidy, etc.

However clapf will support ldap as follows:

I will write an import and sync tool to import users and email addresses
from LDAP (or AD). So clapf will download the user database from your LDAP
directory, and import it to its SQL-only database.

Of course, there will be a sync utility, too to keep everything in sync
between
the webui and your LDAP directory.

Expect the first rc of 0.4.6 to have this modification. I'll release some
nightly builds to give you the chance to provide feedback. I'd like if
0.4.6-rc1
would have the LDAP import/sync feature to be production ready.

Best regards,
Janos