On Dec 28, Brian Jones wrote:
> Vincent GAY-PARA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > At DMS we tried to compile GNU Classpath with KJC
> > (http://www.dms.at/kjc) and we encoutered some problems.
>
> > WeakHashMap:
> > ============
> > java/util/WeakHashMap.java:336: Cannot access field "queue" it is in an
> > other package and not a class member [JLS 15.10]
>
> This is a problem with how WeakBucket is setup I believe.  It doesn't
> make much sense to me why we would call the super constructor with a
> package private data member that isn't even initialized in
> java/lang/ref/Reference.java except in this same constructor.  There
> is also the problem mentioned above of queue being in another
> package.  I think Jochen Hoenicke should look at this.

The queue meant here is WeakHashMap.queue, not Reference.queue.  Okay,
that is a name conflict, but since Reference.queue is private it
shouldn't be visible in java.util.  jikes and javac don't have
problems with this.  I may change this, but IMHO this is also a bug in
kjc.

BTW the conflicts in AbstractList are serious, jikes doesn't compile
subList() correctly.

  Jochen