Hi Tom,

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 11:15 -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
> One idea would be to check it in on a pristine branch (like cvs
> import, but we probably don't want to use that in this case) and then
> merge it over the generics branch and clean it up there.
>
> I would suggest putting the code in external/, e.g., external/jsr166.
>
> I think it would make sense to import it and get it on the branch
> before hooking it into the build.  That way, fixing it up to work in
> Classpath won't have to be a solo effort.
>
> Comments?

Seems like a nice plan. But please put down precisely how/where the
"pristine branch" comes from and how you sanitize it to only include the
public domain bits from the jsr166 group. Then we sent that description
to FSF-legal and to Doug so we have a clear record where the original
source comes from. And we should probably also send it to Doug so the
jsr166 group knows how their users/downstream depend on their work (it
is probably a similar process the backport project goes through
http://www.mathcs.emory.edu/dcl/util/backport-util-concurrent/).
It would also be good to then have a simple way/description of how to
get a diff between this pristine branch and what what we will have in
external/jsr166 so it is easy to forward any patches upstream again.

Cheers,

Mark