Hi all,

Some information about the GNU Classpath & Friends DevRoom from the
FOSDEM organization. The main thing to remember is that we are in is
AW1.120. And that we are not supposed to enter the room on Saturday
before 14:00 (there might be lectures going on).

There will be wireless, but not wired internet in the room. If someone
could bring a Hub and some Ethernet cables that would be highly
appreciated.

Big thanks to the FOSDEM organizers!
Hope to see you in Brussels this weekend.

And don't forget the Friday night meeting! (A La Mort Subite - 7 rue
Montagne aux Herbes Potageres http://www.alamortsubite.com)
See http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/Fosdem2006

Cheers,

Mark

DEVROOMS
~~~~~~~~
Video projectors will be provided by us in all devrooms, as well as
wireless network connectivity (every devroom will have it's own access
point), the ESSID will be "FOSDEM".

If you want wired network, you will have to bring your own equipment
(cables, hubs, switches). Please understand that it is already a
daunting task to provide network connectivity everywhere for such a
large event, we can't take care of wireless and wired at the same time.

The schedule of all devroom talks and activities are included in this
years' folder that is distributed (for free) to every FOSDEM visitor.
A map with the location of each devroom (by project) is included as
well.

To those who have never been to FOSDEM: the location is the Solbosch
campus of the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), the Free University
of Brussels (see http://www.fosdem.org/2006/index/practical)

Basically, the event is spread across 4 buildings, with only two for
your concern, named "H" and "AW" (the 3rd and 4th buildings
exclusively hosting the FOSDEM "main tracks", no devrooms nor booths
in those).
The AW building is located just in front of the H, with some 30m
between them.

All room numbers start with "H" and "AW" to indicate in which building
they are located.
We will be present in *both* buildings with a FOSDEM InfoDesk (and
staff members). Toilets will unfortunately only be available in the H
building (but, as said, it's really not far away), including a "toilet
lady" that will take care of cleaning them (it's free, but a few
eurocents in return are always nice ;)).

To know what room is assigned to your project, you can always just
pick up a folder at the InfoDesk, or check the "FOSDEM Survival Map"
where I have compiled all the activities and talks that will be held
at FOSDEM:
http://www.fosdem.org/docs/plan-color.pdf
http://www.fosdem.org/docs/plan-grey.pdf
http://www.fosdem.org/docs/plan-bw.pdf

(my 2c tip: download and print one of the PDFs above and take it with
you to the event)

The folder (available at the InfoDesk) includes a map to help you find
your room.

On Saturday, rooms in the AW building are only available from 14:00 on
(with the exception of AW1.126 (Calibre), which is from 13:00 on).
Rooms in the H building only for sure from 12:30-13:00 on.

Unfortunately there are still courses taking place in most rooms
before that time and, hence, no access possible.

Some rooms in the H building might be accessible before 13:00, but
please be careful when you check and don't just rush in and disturb
the course taking place (we've had people doing that a lot past years,
so please don't get us into trouble with the ULB, thanks for your
understanding ;)).

Note that this only applies to Saturday.
On Sunday, the staff is there from 08:00 on, so all rooms are
accessible from 09:00 on.
Rooms in the H building are locked remotely by the ULB security staff
so in case your room is not unlocked on Sunday morning (which we will
do our best to avoid, but no one is perfect), please just notify
someone at the InfoDesk and we'll have the room opened immediately.

I will stick A4 sheets with your devroom name and the schedule on the
room doors, but if you have something fancier and/or larger, you can
of course bring it to the event and put it in place of my minimalistic
version.

FYI, everyone will be in very nice company again this year: here is
the list of all projects having a devroom at FOSDEM 2006 (in no
particular order):
- KDE
- openSUSE
- Embedded
- Mozilla
- OpenGroupware + GNUstep
- Tcl/Tk
- Jabber
- GNU Classpath & friends
- X.org
- GNOME
- Debian
- Calibre
- Linux on Laptops
- Ada
- Gentoo

That's 15 devrooms, summing up to 143 (!) talks over the weekend.