Hi Christian,

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 01:49 +0100, Christian Thalinger wrote:
> I'm unable to install some (any?) plugins in eclipse with CVS head.  I
> already talked to tashiro on irc and it works with 0.20 release.  The
> problem is in two places:
>
> * Software Updates - Find and install says: "Current configuration
> problems"
>
> * Software Updates - Manage Configuration does not allow to open
> "Eclipse SDK", it only shows this entry.
>
> I hope i made myself clear (it's rather late).

Yep. I am seeing the same thing. I was trying out
http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathHackingWithEclipse
from scratch and trying to install the CDT plugin and it fails as you
describe above.

I haven't figured out since when this stopped working, but it clearly is
a regression. If you installed the feature with a working version of
classpath (0.20) and then try to use it with a CVS version you will get
messages like:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.update.configurator 2006-03-03 11:19:10.787
!MESSAGE Unable to parse file
"/tmp/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.core_3.0.2/plugin.xml".

So I guess it is something going wrong with the parsing of xml files.
But I haven't found the point yet where eclipse does this, or what the
actual error is that occurs.

Cheers,

Mark