Hi Seeta,

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 19:32 -0500, Seeta somagani wrote:
> Hi, I configured classpath on RedHat2.6.11 using --disable-gtk-peer
> option. But when I'm tryin to gmake, it gives me an error
> /java/security/Provider.java:57: error: Can't subclass final classes:
> gnu.java.security.Properties.
>
> Is there a fix for this?

I suspect you have a really old version of gcj installed. Make sure you
have the right version of the compilers available.
See also the INSTALL file:

    For building the Java bytecode (.class files), one of these
    compilers are required.  You can select which compiler using
    --with-jikes, --with-gcj, --with-ecj or --with-kjc as argument to
    configure; the present default is gcj.

    - GCJ 4.0+ (part of the GNU GCC package).
    - IBM jikes 1.19+.
    - Eclipse Compiler for Java 3.1+
    - The kjc compiler is supported with configure but we have
      been unable to successfully compile with it.

    IMPORTANT: Versions of GCJ which are earlier than 4.0 contain
    bugs which make it impossible to compile the class library and
    are *not* supported any more. If you are stuck on a system where
    GCC 3.x is the system compiler we recommend using Jikes.

Good luck!

Mark