Hi Carsten,

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 18:44 +0100, Carsten Neumann wrote:
> I'm new around here and was looking for a spot where I could make a
> contribution. Browsing the japi test results I noticed that a lot of
> SerialVersionUID missmatches are reported. Fixing these appears to be
> quite simple, so I'll start with that unless there a some pitfalls
> (maybe of the nasty legal type) involved ?

Others might know more about this. But some might not be relevant since
those classes (I believe all under javax.swing) aren't actually
guaranteed to be serializable between different versions. Also please
take a look at the task list:
http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathOpenTasks
(Note to other hackers, please take a look and update if you know more
about the status of a particular task.)

> Finally there is the issue with copyright assignment to FSF. I searched
> the gnu website be only came up with a couple of pages saying that it's
> required for contributions, but not how to start the process. Maybe you
> could give me a pointer here,

Pointer: http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/faq/faq.html#faq3_4
And you did the right thing :) I'll sent you the request forms.

Thanks,

Mark